Skip to content
- 3 cups spent grains (http://www.catspaw.be/monsieur-l-batch-1/)
- 6-8 cups all purpose flour
- 1 cup crushed nuts
- 1,25 cups warm water
- 0,25 cup brown sugar cane
- 0,25 cup cassonade
- 1 tspn salt
- 1 beaten egg
- 0,25 cup milk
- 1 packet dry active bakers yeast
- Mix yeast water and sugar in a bowl to activate yeast. Allow 30 min for yeast to activate.
- Add yeast starter, salt, egg, spent grain, and milk in a bowl and slowly add flour.
- Knead dough until it is smooth and no longer sticky.
- Place dough in a large greased bowl and cover it with a towel. Wait for dough to rise and double in size then punch down the dough.
- Split your dough into the desired amount of loaves and place on a cookie sheet over a thin layer of cornmeal.
- Allow loaves to rise again and then score the loaves with a knife.
- Bake at 200ºC for 45 minutes or until the bread is desired color and a knife comes out clean after being inserted into the center.