Skip to content
Home » Brewing day » 5 cereal bread with spent grains of Selina Kyle Batch #2
- 3 cups spent grains (http://www.catspaw.be/selina-kyle-batch-2/)
- 1 cup 5 cereal grains (wheat, barley, rolled oats, rice, rye)
- 2 cup wheat flour
- 3-4 cups all purpose flour
- 1,25 cups warm water
- 0,25 cup brown sugar cane
- 1 tspn salt
- 1 beaten egg
- 0,25 cup milk
- 1 packet dry active bakers yeast
- Mix yeast water and sugar in a bowl to activate yeast. Allow 30 min for yeast to activate.
- Add yeast starter, salt, egg, spent grain, and milk in a bowl and slowely add flour.
- Knead dough until it is smooth and no longer sticky.
- Place dough in a large greased bowl and cover it with a towel. Wait for dough to rise and double in size then punch down the dough.
- Split your dough into the desired amount of loaves and place on a cookie sheet over a thin layer of cornmeal.
- Allow loaves to rise again and then score the loaves with a knife.
- Bake at 195ºC for 50 minutes or until the bread is desired color and a knife comes out clean after being inserted into the center.